Compact VHF/DSC Marine Transceiver
The engineering department at Icom have done it again and produced one of the smallest fixed VHF/DSC radios in the world. The IC-M330GE’s front face is so compact that it matches the size of a modern smartphone. However, despite its small size, the IC-M330GE has all the hallmarks of Icom’s stylish design, ease of use and performance.
Ultra Compact Body, Flexible Installation
The compact IC-M330GE measures only 156.5 (W) × 66.5 (H) ×110.1 (D) mm, making it 35% smaller than previous IC-M323G/423G models (see comparison on the right.) This makes it ideal for a cockpit where space is limited.
Intuitive User Interface
A combination of the directional keypad and soft keys provides simple, smooth operation. Most used functions are assigned to soft keys for quick one push function access.
New Speaker Delivers Dynamic, Clear Audio
A newly designed speaker delivers distortion-free clear audio even at full volume. It provides dynamic and clear audio over a wide bass and treble range.
Class-Leading Receiver Performance
The IC-M330GE’s receiver provides reliable communication in RF busy environment like a marina. (Selectivity and IMD: more than 70 dB)
Built-in Class D DSC
The radio monitors CH 70 continuously, even while you are receiving another channel. DSC functions include distress, individual, group, all ships, urgency, safety, position request/report, polling request and DSC test calls.
Built in GPS Receiver and External GPS Antenna
The GPS receiver provides your location, bearing and speed by using information from GPS, GLONASS and SBAS. The acquired position information can be used for DSC calls. An external GPS antenna is supplied to maximise coverage.
IC-M330GE is the first Icom fixed marine VHF radio that complies with the latest maritime ITU standard “ITU-R M493-14” this standard, in essence, requires an external GPS antenna. ITU-R M493-14 will be compulsory from November 2018. All maritime class D fixed radios from all manufacturers will need to comply after this date.
• IPX7 waterproof (1 m depth of water for 30 minutes)
• AquaQuake™ prevents audio degradation from a water-logged speaker
• Common NMEA interface for external GPS/NAV connection
• MA-500TR Class B AIS transponder compatible
• Tag scan and favourite channel functions
• Dual/tri-watch function for monitoring CH16 and/or call channel
• Priority scan function
• Display and keypad backlighting
• External speaker connection
• 3-digit or 4-digit channel display selectable
IC-M330GE complies with the latest maritime ITU standard “ITU-R M493-14” or EN301 025 V2.2.1 , this standard, in essence requires an external GPS antenna. ITU-R M493-14 will be compulsory from November 2018. All maritime class D fixed radios manufactured from this date will need to comply.
- Ultra-compact body (W × H × D; 156.5 × 66.5 × 110.1 mm)
- Easy-to-read full dot-matrix display
- Intuitive user interface
- New speaker delivers dynamic, clear audio
- Class-leading receiver performance (IMD and Selectivity: more than 70 dB)
- Built in GPS Receiver and External GPS Antenna
- IPX7 Waterproof Construction (1 m depth of water for 30 minutes)
- Built-in Class D DSC with a CH70 dedicated receiver (IC-M330GE meets ITU-R M.493-14)